Pneumatic Tamper – Chicago Pneumatic CP0003
Chicago Pneumatic’s CP 0003 backfill tamper is designed to quickly and effectively compact soil around foundations and other structures and is indispensable for compacting backfill in trenches.
Many tampers on the market are designed for sand ramming only and therefore lack the full power necessary for contracting operations.
CP 0003 is well equipped to handle light to medium contracting applications. They are light-weight, well balanced and easy to use first-class compaction tools. The butt is secured to the lower end of the piston rod. A valve in the back head assembly controls the reciprocating movement of the piston. The hand valve (trigger) controls the airflow.
• Maximum power – slow powerful blows efficiently and quickly compact all types of backfill, including clay and soils containing high percentages of finely crushed or powdered material
• Heat-treated cylinder and chrome plated piston significantly extend tool life
• Adjustable packing maintains a positive air seal
• Aluminum butt held with clamp screw for quick, easy replacement
• Exhaust deflector directs air, moisture and oil away from the operator
• Integral oiler continuously lubricates tools
• Long life, low maintenance
• Well-balanced, smooth-operating tool which is easily guided by one person
Trenching companies, General Contractors, Municipalities, Gas and water boards, Cable layers, Utilities, Local authorities
Air Consumption: 8.4L/s 18cfm
Blows per min: 800
Piston Diameter: 36.5mm
Air Inlet: 1/2″
Butt: Aluminium Round 127mm